Tuesday, June 5, 2012

dog friends.

This past weekend, I went to a start-up BBQ in the Presidio with Davy and Finn. The BBQ was a networking event, hosted by a San Francisco-based startup and was full of business savvy, driven, impressive young individuals. There were plenty of great conversations going on, but there were also two dogs.


Have you ever seen this illustration, by Gemma Correll?


Because this was me (minus the drunk part).

I tried to pet//hold//be near the two dogs for a large portion of the event. There I was, creeping up behind shoulders of those in conversation, letting the little curly one lick my cup cake wrapper (an act of desperation), and literally crawling on the floor in front of people I don't know to take the pictures seen below. 



I didn't realize how much time I spent pursuing these little cuties until today when I was looking through my photos. It made me laugh out loud. Thankfully, I did retain some semblance of manners & adult behavior, managing to chat with a few humans too, and even made an introduction on behalf of the boys.

An undercover Snow White I'll always be...befriending the animal kingdom one uninterested dog at a time!

. . .

7 comments:

  1. hahhahaha. lou and andy would be proud.

    ReplyDelete
  2. and wilbur, moses and buster too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They would have a ball at the parks here - so many dogs to play with and so many tennis balls!

      Delete
  3. Hahaha!! I LOVE YOU!! I can totally see you taking an immediate interest in the dogs, and then reflecting on the times you had "successes" when they came up to you :) Great job Snow White!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you mam. It's not a skill I can quite put on my resume, but I do know how to befriend a dog!

      Delete
  4. this is the only reason i go to parties.

    ReplyDelete