I love the area of town where we live. It's safe, relatively quiet, and very close to:
2) a main BART/MUNI station, which means we can get anywhere in the city pretty easily.
3) lots of great stores & restaurants.
4) the Cable Car line! We are just 1 block from a trolley ride.
I thought I'd share a few glimpses of our neighborhood, the sights we see every day.
1 & 2. Our street & our block. I took the second photo outside of Bush Market, which I visit on occasion when I need some produce, milk, or a chaco taco. It's good for quick runs.
3. The Powell Cable Car line: it's so fun to live right by one of San Francisco's most iconic qualities. Mostly tourists use the line and I often shoot them a kind & knowing smile that says "isn't it fun??".
4. Viney Wall: I walk by this wall daily. I love it because it feels like a 10-second nature oasis in the middle of the city. I appreciate all the green I can get these days.
5. Burritt St.: I think this sign says "burrito" literally every time I pass it.
6. Hill. We live on one. This super steep one pictured runs perpendicular to our street. If you climb to the top, you can see the ocean as well as lots of out-of-breath people.
7. Our building. Davy took this picture our first week here. The buzzer is a facade. I wish it worked so I could be like Jerry Seinfeld when my friends visited.
. . .
p.s. - Today is my wonderfully kind & loving mother-in-law's birthday.
Happy Birthday Carrie! I wish we could bring you dinner & flowers tonight. Miss you lots.