Friday, July 20, 2012

a hard thing.

I mentioned earlier this week that I was a bit down after a few hard days and wanted to share what's been going on. On Monday I got the news that I did not get the job I've been after since the beginning of June. It was with an awesome company doing a role that I felt was a perfect fit for me. This paragraph has huge potential to become very long so in the interest of brevity I'll just say this: I spent about 5 hours at their office in meetings with 6 different people over the course of 6 weeks, and was told that my sample work was "perfect", that I was "the frontrunner", and that I'd "obviously be great for the job". I thought the position was mine and had stopped pursuing other jobs altogether (mistake). I had a chance to work for a blogger I quite admire and allowed that to fall by the wayside in the interest of this position. Basically, huge disappointment mixed in with a healthy serving of confusion is what set in after that phone call. It was a rough evening.

The great thing about me is that I feel things intensely, sort of like what Zooey Deschanel addresses in this excerpt. It's no secret that I'm an emotional being (life of an ENFP y'all) and it's something that normally blesses the people in my life. I like how I am! However, this high propensity for being emotionally affected can, every once in a while, also be a hard thing. The news about this job really had me down. I felt taken advantage of, generally disrespected, and I mostly felt disappointment that I was back at square one after 3 months of being here. Luckily, Finn had just arrived back into town and was there to shoulder my cry. Instead of trying to talk me out of being sad, he just meets me where I am. He is very good at caring for me when I'm down low and had lunch with me every day this week. Bless him.

Like I said earlier, I'm on the up and up. I'm back on the proverbial horse, finding other opportunities, and getting loved on big time by kind friends and family who knew how excited I was about the job. I feel encouraged and know that no matter what, I have so much to be thankful for. Better things await! 




. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment