Monday, October 8, 2012

a sunday drive.

We rented a zipcar for 3 hours yesterday in the late afternoon for a much needed trip out of the city. We live in the middle of downtown and sometimes (typically after a few consecutive weeks of not leaving our area code) I am overwhelmed with a need to see some nature. I reached my breaking point yesterday so a drive to the coast was in order. We headed north on highway 1 with the windows down and talked the whole time. We saw and smelled the ocean and trees, all while the sun was going down. Even though the glare kind of gave me a bad headache, I was so happy. It reminds me of all John Muir said about nature. That guy was smart.





. . .


1 comment:

  1. what a beautiful picture. You will live in the midst of nature someday and be so appreciative. Hopefully, on the water (so I can visit)

    ReplyDelete