Friday, November 16, 2012

lake tahoe: 1/3

Our anniversary trip in Lake Tahoe was the best. We spent 3 nights away in an area called Incline Village on the northeast side of the lake. It was our first California excursion since living here and spending a few days out the city was refreshing and fun. I love nature and miss its presence in our city life. Getting away for weekend trips is more of a challenge since we don't have a car and our generous friend Jeff was kind enough to lend us his for the whole weekend. Thank you Jeff! Our time away was filled with relaxing by the fire, watching sunsets, playing frisbee, napping (that one was mainly me), and generally enjoying the incredible natural beauty by being outside. The whole weekend felt like one giant exhale and I'm so thankful we were able to visit, especially at such a beautiful time of year.

There was a also a very nice frisbee golf course (what providence!) half a mile from our house so we played a few times over the weekend. I wish I could say I totally smoked my competition, but that would be a bold lie.


It turns out my frisbee skills have diminished over the past few years. This kept happening....dang bushes.


On one hole, I temporarily got my act together and we tied. Our reactions are pretty telling.




More photos coming soon!


. . .


6 comments:

  1. The trees! And the glam shot of you by the lake is beautious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love that couple-selfsie-shot of you guys in front of that beautiful field.

    side note: teenage girl in monochromatic purple outfit just walked by me. #winning. (pants, shirt, jacket, shoes - you get the picture)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. gotta love that welch's grape juice, kna mean?

      Delete
  3. That pic of you both in the field is a framer!But of course you both are out standing in your field. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that's a great idea! i'll get it printed : D

      Delete