You guys, this recipe is really good.
Although the weather doesn't change much season to season in San Francisco, I got to spend time back east this weekend and loved the cool nights and changing leaves. If you are someone who gets psyched about this time of year and enjoys food, then you should try this recipe. I just made it this weekend. It's a total winner.
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread
3 1/2 Cups Unbleached White Flour
3 Cups Sugar
4 Eggs, beaten lightly
16 oz cooked or canned pumpkin
2 tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp Salt
2 tsp Cinnamon
1 tsp Nutmeg
1 Cup Vegetable Oil
2/3 Cups Water
Semi-sweet Chocolate Chips (as few or as many as you'd like!)
1. Preheat oven to 350º
2. Grease 2 large loaf pans (or 4 mini loaf pans). I recommend also tossing some flour in the pans after you grease them. Helps the bread not fall apart.
3. Mix dry ingredients together in large bowl
4. Mix wet ingredients together then add to pre-mixed dry ingredients
5. Stir in as many chocolate chips as you'd like. I think semi-sweet work best
6. Bake 60 or 70 minutes (for large loaves) and 40 minutes (for small loaves) or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean
7. Consider having a close friend or family member hide some of the bread for your general well being. I am kind of not kidding.
Happy Fall everybody!
. . .